COVID 19 UPDATE- VIEWING GUIDANCE
As of May 13th 2020, the Government amended the Coronavirus regulations to kick start the UK housing market during the COVID 19 Pandemic. Estate agents are now able to conduct viewings and valuations, whilst adhering to the Government social distancing guidelines.
Here at Maitlands, we take our social distancing responsibilities very seriously, so we thought it would be useful for you to know what procedures we have put in place for our owners and buyers and what to expect when we conduct a viewing.
Advice for Buyers:
- A Virtual viewing will be offered in the first instance, where available, for the property. If you are still interested in viewing the property with a view to making an offer then a physical viewing will organised at a convenient time to suit all parties.
- You will be required to complete a simple questionnaire regarding any symptoms that you may be experiencing and you will asked to provide us with all information relating to your position and your search requirements.
- You will be required to arrive at the appointment on time, not early, whilst the estate agent prepares the property for you. You will adhere to all social distancing guidelines at all times, remove shoes before entering the property and will be asked to refrain from touching any surfaces, door handles or soft furnishings.
- All viewings will be restricted to a maximum of 15 minutes.
- You will be asked to provide your own PPE equipment (face masks, gloves and hand sanitiser) but we will try to ensure there are adequate hand washing facilities available where possible.
- Once the viewing is finished we will contact you for your feedback within 24 hours, but if you have any questions please direct them to the agent via telephone or email.
- We will only allow a maximum of two people in a property at any one time and children will not be allowed to enter the property. All viewers must be part of the same household.
- If you wish to visit the agent’s office, then a pre booked appointment will be necessary.
Advice for Sellers:
- If you haven’t done so already, please contact Maitlands to notify them of any special instructions regarding the viewing of your home, or if you are shielding/self-isolating and do not wish to resume with any appointments at this time.
- Maitlands will offer a virtual viewing of your home in the first instance, if they have one available. Please speak to a member of the team to organise this as we have a couple of options available for you.
- If you are allowing clients to view your home, you should open all internal doors and ensure all surfaces, such as door handles are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- As most people choose to, we would recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise contact with those not in your household.
- Maitlands will not be undertaking any block viewings or open house events and all viewers must be part of the same household.
- If you or anyone of your household are experiencing any symptoms, then please contact Maitlands at the earliest opportunity to notify them that you are isolating.
If you have any questions regarding appointments or if you have any concerns, please get in touch with our teams on any of the contact numbers.